Wednesday, 29 July 2015
Tuesday, 21 July 2015
Reading the details of the job ads in the above page, crystallises what I hope opswarfare to become, and also the workflow that needs to be worked out, to enable regular articles to be produced.
Just that all those roles are rolled into one person. :)
Monday, 20 July 2015
The latest edition of #CCLKOW struck a chord with me.
Prompted a rare tweet
Re: latest #CCLKOW article, find info overload a problem; tonnes of draft blog posts; maybe better to try writing in a physical notebook [link]
I have so many draft posts in the opswarfare blog; all in various stages. It's not easy to write a proper article with a coherent hypothesis, or a full analysis of an interesting development that I come across. And definitely not in one sitting.
With the busy lives we lead, with multiple interests, it is tough, but as with all projects, it requires determination and planning. Hope to write more regularly.
Sunday, 12 July 2015
|SNMG1 unit HNLMS Tromp testing the pre-wetting system. This system protect the ship against Nuclear, Chemical and Biological adverse environment. [source: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.999409840078619.1073741865.559878640698410]|
Haven't seen such a NBC system before. Did a quick search; seems it's a water sprinkler system to be activated in the event of a imminent NBC attack.
Monday, 29 June 2015
- Aviation Week & Space Technology http://search.proquest.com/science/publication/42277 (3 weeks delay)
- Defense News - http://search.proquest.com/science/publication/36108
- Flight International - http://search.proquest.com/science/publication/40516 (delayed 5 days)
- Jane's Defence Weekly - http://search.proquest.com/science/publication/33926
- Jane's Intelligence Review - http://search.proquest.com/science/publication/33925
- Jane's International Defense Review - http://search.proquest.com/science/publication/35316
- Journal of Electronic Defense - http://search.proquest.com/science/publication/36481
- Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin - http://search.proquest.com/science/publication/8297
- RUSI Journal - http://search.proquest.com/science/publication/24741 (full-text till Apr 2008 only)
- United States Naval Institute. Proceedings - http://search.proquest.com/science/publication/41313
- Armada International (register for a free account) - http://armadainternational.com/page/archives.html
- C4ISR - http://c4isrjournal.va.newsmemory.com
- Defense Horizons - National Defense University - http://inss.ndu.edu/Publications/PolicyBriefs.aspx#defhorizon
- Infantry magazine - http://www.benning.army.mil/infantry/magazine
- Joint Force Quarterly - http://ndupress.ndu.edu/JFQ.aspx
- Military Review - http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/militaryreview/index.asp
Thursday, 11 June 2015
h/t: Oxford Institute for Ethics, Law and Armed Conflict
Tuesday, 2 June 2015
Thursday, 28 May 2015
Tuesday, 17 March 2015
“But unlike our Stanford students – you won’t have to take a final exam.”
New free online course, woohoo!
"Homework" for this weekend. Or maybe even from this evening onwards.